Well I'm changing all my strings I'm gonna write another travelin' song about all the billion highways and the cities at the break of dawn.
I'm not much of a traveler, but it's not that I don't like to leave home and explore the world. Quite the contrary if fact, many of my most prized memories come from events occurring hundreds and thousands of miles away from home (yes, that still puts them in North America so feel free to make snobby remarks on how I don't know what "travel" means). I guess my relative inexperience means I have the wrong friends or that I love my life so much, I can't bare to depart from it even for a few days. Actually, neither is correct, but that's another story.
Regardless, I've left SLC a number of times over the past four weeks. The most memorable of those voyages being my return to Montreal. Upon receiving my passport only 9 days after applying and flying to Canada on a a $43 ticket I met up with a couple Utah-linked friends. I don't know that pictures will ever do a trip justice, but they are certainly better than words.

Here is St. Joseph's Oratory. Supposedly the biggest Cathedral in North America, you can't tell from the shot, but the dome is gargantuan. As my friends asked me about it, I discovered in my many many wrong answers, not only did I not know when it was built, I didn't even know who the "St. Joseph" guy was. Luckily, they didn't bring me along under the pretense that I was intelligent.

Here is some random old guys we saw at a park. He had two pairs of sunglasses, a hip flask, and so much more...

Here is me and IOBP. The Olympic Stadium is on the right. The only bad physical element of the trip was the weather. Rainy and overcast. Oh well.

Here are our other two friends hanging out with the copper explorer. One might ask, "With cool metal fur traders like that, what else could one possibly want to do on an island 2 million diverse?"

Hang out with your old friends of course. And honestly, that was by far the best part of the trip - even better than the poutine. This little guy wasn't born the last time I came to Canadia. But he is so damn cute, how could I not immortalize him on my blog?
I'm the first to admit that I am mostly void of spirituality, but if there is any location on this planet that serves to rejuvenate what little I do have, without question, Montreal is and probably always will be that place. Here's to you Delta Skymiles.
Another Travelin' Song - Bright Eyes
Regardless, I've left SLC a number of times over the past four weeks. The most memorable of those voyages being my return to Montreal. Upon receiving my passport only 9 days after applying and flying to Canada on a a $43 ticket I met up with a couple Utah-linked friends. I don't know that pictures will ever do a trip justice, but they are certainly better than words.

Here is St. Joseph's Oratory. Supposedly the biggest Cathedral in North America, you can't tell from the shot, but the dome is gargantuan. As my friends asked me about it, I discovered in my many many wrong answers, not only did I not know when it was built, I didn't even know who the "St. Joseph" guy was. Luckily, they didn't bring me along under the pretense that I was intelligent.

Here is some random old guys we saw at a park. He had two pairs of sunglasses, a hip flask, and so much more...

Here is me and IOBP. The Olympic Stadium is on the right. The only bad physical element of the trip was the weather. Rainy and overcast. Oh well.

Here are our other two friends hanging out with the copper explorer. One might ask, "With cool metal fur traders like that, what else could one possibly want to do on an island 2 million diverse?"

Hang out with your old friends of course. And honestly, that was by far the best part of the trip - even better than the poutine. This little guy wasn't born the last time I came to Canadia. But he is so damn cute, how could I not immortalize him on my blog?
I'm the first to admit that I am mostly void of spirituality, but if there is any location on this planet that serves to rejuvenate what little I do have, without question, Montreal is and probably always will be that place. Here's to you Delta Skymiles.
Another Travelin' Song - Bright Eyes

7 Comments:
Looks like a great trip. Did you serve in Montreal?
That kid is going to fall off his chair.
That guy looks like he's right on the verge of turning trapper. Cool picture.
And hurrah for Canada. So pretty. Also, now I need some poutine.
I'm happy to read about your travels to Canadia - by far one of the most foreign places on the planet (in my opinion - followed only by Texas).
Ready for some curry?
yay for canada! and i agree that visiting those cute chinese kids was one of the most fun things we did
and jeannine & tricia are posing with james mcgill for your info
guru: Probably the 7 most interesting months of my life.
kelly: Just tell me when.
bh: James McGill was a fur trader. So there. I got something right for a change.
i'll never question your montreal knowledge again....except when it comes to large famous churches
Post a Comment
<< Home