8/21/2006

No bed for you!!!

My bedroom is completely a clean slate. 11 x 11 of nothing but carpet, two windows, and a couple electical outlets. This house is the first unfurnished one I've ever lived in. The feeling is refreshing. It's something I can make mine. Right now, I'm thinking about decorating (said with dramatic inflection). Instinctively, I feel a need to optimize space, organize possessions, and move along ASAP.

For a change, I think I'm going to slow down. Maybe shop around for some art I like, or a poster I think is cool. Maybe I'll get a cool guitar stool or set up my dart board. A little color beyond the yellow walls and brown carpet should do wonders for this place....at least I still have my Spongebob bed sheets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

ooooh. Can I help? I want to go shopping for things I don't need! I'll even alphabetize your books if you let me and if you buy a bookshelf.

5:15 PM  
Blogger yaj000 said...

Look similar to my new apt out here. It was weird, since I was not used to huge un-furnished apt, and I hate having to shop for stuff to fill it up with.

I like IKEA for all the cool stuff, but hate it for too many choices and too many people in the check out lines.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home