I hope you will forget...the things I still lack...
"What should I give up first?" How does a person begin to answer that question? I think are times when we do well to cut the dead weight from our lives, but there are other times when all the unimportant sluff has already been removed and the mass that remains is still too much.
We can deal with it by doing a lousy job on the things we keep. We can deal with it by abandoning the things we love that don't contribute to our survival, or we can simply try to find ways to better organize ourselves.
Here is my list,
Finish a thesis I should have finished 6 months ago
Replace the head gasket on my truck
Fix my old bike from the Provo days
Calibrate instruments at work
Order $3000 in new equipment
Wire a second reactor
Collect enough information on Fischer-Tropsch reactions to lecture on them for an hour
Pretend there are people out there who like talking to me
Keep up with the standard TA duties
Keep up with course work
Study for a retake of a test I never should have failed
Plan a trip to Korea
Find a new place to live
Buy some new clothes
Eat
Can you guess which one of these things is always the first to get neglected?
I'll give you a hint - it's not any of the first 16.
Today's byline is courtesy of Jesse Lacey.
We can deal with it by doing a lousy job on the things we keep. We can deal with it by abandoning the things we love that don't contribute to our survival, or we can simply try to find ways to better organize ourselves.
Here is my list,
Finish a thesis I should have finished 6 months ago
Replace the head gasket on my truck
Fix my old bike from the Provo days
Calibrate instruments at work
Order $3000 in new equipment
Wire a second reactor
Collect enough information on Fischer-Tropsch reactions to lecture on them for an hour
Pretend there are people out there who like talking to me
Keep up with the standard TA duties
Keep up with course work
Study for a retake of a test I never should have failed
Plan a trip to Korea
Find a new place to live
Buy some new clothes
Eat
Can you guess which one of these things is always the first to get neglected?
I'll give you a hint - it's not any of the first 16.
Today's byline is courtesy of Jesse Lacey.

3 Comments:
you forgot tending to my every need/whim. you've really been slacking there lately.
also, i want to go clothes shopping as well. after april 17th.
Hey, I like talking to you!
Pretend there are people out there who like talking to me
I never bother to pretend anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home