7/06/2009

Sometimes I love to be rejected

Phone rings.

It's an unknown number with an Atlanta area code.

I answer and notice the pause that is ever so characteristic of automated calling systems.

"Hello, we are sorry, but no one is available to take your call. Goodbye."

Um...did an automatic telemarketing screener just hang up on me? Perhaps it knew I was going to lecture the human to which it would soon direct me on the shadiness of his/her company's mode of operation and decided it wasn't worth it.

Perhaps today will be a good Monday after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I hate to admit that I once worked for one of those companies that calls people in the middle of dinner or on Sunday mornings. I couldn't stand more than a few weeks of self-loathing so I quit.

Now, my favorite prank to play on telemarketers is to wait around for them to call and then say "Hi, is Dave there?" before they can launch into their spiel. Throws them off every time. Ha ha! I'm so lonely...

1:43 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Wow, even telemarketers don't want to talk to you!

3:44 PM  
Blogger TheBenandKaties said...

I'm too busy to make this comment.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home