6/11/2007

This circle will be your world, your whole life. Until I tell you otherwise, there is nothing outside of it.


I'm about a month overdue, but that's okay. I have 84 days to get ready. I no longer live around hills, so I'm going to have to hunt some new ones down. I'm not really into the whole "circle the mile loop for 2 hours" thing either, so I have no choice but to start pedaling to Bountiful. They canceled my swimming class, so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way: 1) swim until you almost drown 2)wait 48 hours 3) repeat. This summer may not turn out to be so bad after all.
Anthony Hopkins - Mask of Zorro

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

Eww, gross pic!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Soren said...

Cool. I'm not a runner, so I don't do triathlons. However, I did a couple of open water swims last year, and I'm planning on doing another this summer. I'm up to swimming about 8 miles/week now, which will hit about 18/wk by the end of July.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

jenny: What can I say? I have a hairy back; a guy's got to do something come summer time.

misaneroth: I remember something about you being a swimmer. That's pretty cool. It's by far my worst event. I glide through the water like a rock with jagged edges.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Charlotta-love said...

Wandered over here again from RexBasior - that's awesome you are doing a triathlon. I competed in my first one ever last year and loved it. I don't know if you have done a tri-race before but I have a tip for the swimming portion. Don't worry about drowning: there are too many people there to buoy you up. Forget about form: there are too many people there to use proper swim techniques. Do anticipate extra time: waves are different from practicing in a swimming pool. Remember there are 'many people' as I mentioned above so expect a few kicks to the arms and legs. :o) It will be so much fun!

9:23 AM  
Blogger ambrosia ananas said...

Nice. Good luck. (Also, I love Jordanelle.)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

So that's why you were made about the swimming class.

You're nuts. Good luck. :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

*mad. Sigh. And I'm supposed to be an editor.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Laura Lee said...

Good luck Mike! I don't know how people do triathalons.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home