2/23/2008

I am Mike's inchoate future.

Occasionally dreams envision impossible possibilities,
And I believe them.


Sometimes dreams prove incongruent with reality.

Maybe they were wrong about me.

Maybe I was wrong about me.



Sometimes I go for a run

Lost aspirations trailing close behind.

Further and faster and faster more

and still failures follow.



Nevertheless one need not pretend.

Outcomes are what they are,

And catharsis is never found in denial.



Make new plans and keep running.

Not from the past but towards the future.



And in case anyone cares, I'm moving to Atlanta in the Fall.

Drawing by
C.Michael Hager

6 Comments:

Blogger eleka nahmen said...

I'll come visit you in Georgia. :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Charlotta-love said...

Atlanta is great. I was there just yesterday.

1:58 PM  
Blogger bh said...

atlanta is so fun. and i live there. what else could you want?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Katya said...

Congrats! Um, I hate Hartsfield-Jackson. Cheers!

8:04 PM  
Blogger ambrosia ananas said...

Wow! Congratulations.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Laura Lee said...

Yay! Go Georgia Tech. Although we'll miss you around here.

Never stayed in Atlanta. Maybe I'll visit when I change planes at the airport.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home