9/19/2006

As a man thinketh, so is he...to his mother who is too nice to tell him the truth.

A man's ego is a powerful thing. In fact, I don't know of any other part of his psyche that causes more trouble and results in more mistakes. Last night, I found a bit of anger boiling inside me as I planned out the coming week.

Sure enough, Ego was the culprit. Demanding vindication, respect, adoration even (I'm on an "Anthropomorphize your character" kick), his company can be rather intolerable. I am amazed at how irrational I become when he takes over my emotions.

What's a girl to do then? Ego doesn't listen to reason nor will he be ignored and shooshed into the corner. He is stubborn and seemingly stronger than all other male emotion affectors.

Luckily, I have one trump card; I can go in my room and do nothing.

He's helpless. Full of wrath, he yells and kicks and throws a tantrum, yet he is powerless to make me lift a finger. It's hard not to laugh at his childish shinanegans. Still, it would be nice if he wouldn't take so long to calm down - I have homework to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger editorgirl said...

Should we be worried that you used the phrase "What's a girl to do?" or just accept it and move on?

What _is_ a girl to do?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

Well, you should always worry about me. But I think acceptance is also in order.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home