9/09/2006

Come here, please hold my hand for now. Help me. I'm scared please show me how to fight this. God has a master plan, and I guess I am in his demand.

I lost my glasses a few weeks ago. Yesterday, in retracing my steps I found them in the lower pocket of a pair of cargo shorts. Finally, I was able to drive at night and see clearly again. Voyaging home at 1:30am this morning, joyful to have recovered my ability to read road signs, I realized that this week has been a good one. In fact, I think it was the best week I've had in a while.

Religious conversations were extremely significant - one with my father, the man I respect more than any other male on the planet, and one with one of my best friends, a graduate student in the BYU chemistry department. It's nice to be understood. It's nice to know there are still a few people out there who have a kind of spirituality to which I can relate. And it's nicest to know there are people in my life who can help me find answers.

In talking with a few other close friends, I regained some perspectives I'd lost. I feel reinvigorated with respect to what I want to be, the kind of person (specifically and not) I'll be happiest with, and where I want to be in ten years - an enlightening sensation indeed.

Apparently, many of my academic friends are also persuing air polution and energy issues. "This is great Mike! I can talk to you about what I'm doing! You'll understand AND be able to relate!"

Old friends have reappeared on the radar. A couple even found my facebook profile. I'm flattered to be remembered. At the same time, I never forgot about them either, so I guess we're even.

There is this online personality test I've taken many times. On it one question goes, "In my youth, life was meaningful when it:" My response is always, "Was filled with meaningful friends a purpose." (as opposed to, "Was filled with accomplishment, leadership opportunities, and recognition. Was free of pressure, conflict, and unnecessary stress. Allowed me to be playful, optimistic, and carefree.")

I think the happiness that relsulted from this week certainly reflects that attribute. Yesterday, I spent my time from 4:00pm on talking to/being with many of the people who matter most to me. I hope every Friday can be like that one.

Not now - Blink 182

1 Comments:

Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

Glad to hear it. You deserve some good Fridays.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home