Nowhere, going nowhere in the fake yellow light.
There are days when I wake up, and my surroundings are nothing short of surreal. My beat up toothbrush is the same color it's always been. My truck is right where I left it, and the streets are no different than they were on any previous day. Yet somehow my toothbrush isn't just a toothbrush. My truck is more than means of getting from point A to point B, and the roads are decidedly poetic. I feel removed from everything, even my own body.
My best guess is that a little Mexican food merely lost its way during the night. Maybe it released some funky hormone into my bloodstream. On rare occasions however, I think there is more to my mood than the food I should have chucked a week ago.
I like leaving the house early while most people are still in bed. Staring at a calm sky, I'm always reminded that no matter what, everything on this planet fits together after all. This morning was wet, chilly, and refreshing. The rain, the clouds, and my headphones were all I needed to feel right with the world again. Today it was Jimmy Eat World’s Clarity. One of life's simple pleasures is turning up the volume and letting the music resonate with your soul. I feel as if I've already accomplished a great feat, and it's not even 9:00.
Ten - Jimmy Eat World

3 Comments:
When I was an operator, sometimes I'd leave the house as early as 5:30 am for the walk up to the office. Everytime it was surreal: a deserted stage, stillness and silence, my presence the only life. It was really cool.
i have that exact same dream! except my truck is not right where i left it - it's one block south and it has turned into a subaru outback. . .
i love songs/albums that slightly change our perception of reality - somehow everything is better, brighter, tangible. both seven swans by sufjan stevens and the garden state soundtrack had that effect.
by the by, i crashed your blog whilst reading a blog by this girl i used to work with - cicada. i like to click on the friends list and see what other blogs have to say. yours kind of stuck with me, like peanut butter stuck on the roof of one's mouth, but in a way that makes you want to the whole jar.
What was that? Did I just blush? :)
I've heard good things about Mr. Stevens but have yet to obtain any of his music. I'll have to stick him on my list.
Post a Comment
<< Home