Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch
Because a couple of you wonder what I really study, I shall provide you the first part of a problem that has dominated my thoughts over the past two days,
Amongst my study of acetone, benzene, Newtonian fluids, Bingham plastics, chemostats, Packed-bed reactors, and cylindrical flows, I have learned one concrete concept - Eating monterey jack chicken chimichangas for five days in a row is a bad bad bad idea. Heaven help us all.
Snails - The Format

3 Comments:
The liquid flows in the revese direction because of friction?
I mean gravity is pulling down the liquid, and the circular flow is because of the initial acceleration provided by the change in the velocity?
I should think about this more. Any hints?
The top plate moves at a constant velocity. The no-slip condition on its underside drags the fluid along with it due to viscous forces and shear stress. The traveling fluid builds up pressure on the right side of the box.
From there, I don't fully get what happens next because maximum pressure should be in the lower right corner. Yet fluid still flows through that region.
In class we delt only with the middle section mathematically, and it was still 6 freaking pages.
Ouch.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home