2/29/2008

My identity is so wrapped up in what I buy that I PAID the COMPANY to advertise its products.

Any one care to guess the reference? After months and months of waiting, dozens of Windows XP reinstalls, 7 10.5.2 reinstalls, and one fruitless 80 minute call to Apple Care, I can only claim one thing since my introduction to Mac OS 6.0 and MS DOS back in the 1980's.

NOTHING has changed.

Though I will say that the Apple people tried very hard to be friendly and helpful. Unlike Microsoft, I would be willing to call them back if I had too. At the end of the day however, learning it the "hard" is still the fastest way to fix a computer problem.

Preach it brother.

The reality is that you simply can't win. Sewiously.

2 Comments:

Blogger joN. said...

that appears to be an old calvin and hobbes reference. it's the reference that made me not wear logo-fied tees for ten years.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

Nice work. It always makes me happy to know that people really pay attention to Watterson. I feel much better about advertising for companies, organizations, and bands that stand for something beyond, "If you wear our products you get to look down on everyone else thinking you are somehow better than they are." I've contemplated putting some decals over the Apple logo, but I'm afraid this laptop is unmistakable no matter what its covering.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home